Jennifer at Life, Crafts, & Whatever has started a new party and I’m jumping in feet first. Thanks for hosting, Jennifer!
- Fred wrote a song for my birthday. Really.
- Then he babysat our friends’ kids when I was worried I had strep throat and didn’t want to infect them all.
- Spending the weekend with Fred’s parents
- Taking on my first radical craft project. There was sandpaper and spray paint involved. For one brief moment I was totally channeling Norm from This Old House. Minus the flannel.
- Apparently, your birthday only lasts for one day. I think this is crap.
- Waiting. Waiting sucks.
- See above re: possible strep throat. I never went and got my throat swabbed and I had one blissful day free from pain. It started to hurt again yesterday, and yes, still hurts today. But more like I’ve been to an awesome concert where I spent three hours screaming in musical bliss. Do you know that kind of sore throat?
- Trying to convince my kid she’s not the Ruler of the Universe (please say that out loud in an echoey voice). This is hard to do when you’ve spent most of your own life thinking the same thing. Because, kid? There can only be one.